French Jeet Kune Do Video Clip!

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw two guys sparing in the ring with gloves and headgear, is there such a thing as competive jeet kune do in this sort of set up?

I also saw a guy in the background in muay thai shorts sparing, which was interesting.

Dancing Dragon

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Very nice, now this guy looked like a genuine JKD instructor. I've had my run in's with some phony teachers here and there. He looks like he's got some real skills. I think it would be kinda cool to trade some blows with him. :ultracool

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That was Ok.... it's nice to see the looseness of the striking - note that the strikers don't appear to be too tense, which is important. Fast paced chi-sao, little bit of trapping. Certainly not a representative overview, but a couple of concepts were demonstrated, and in a not too terrible fashion. Didn't see any destructions or lock flows, which is too bad. Those are a few of my favorite things.....

Thanks for sharing, Brian!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw two guys sparing in the ring with gloves and headgear, is there such a thing as competive jeet kune do in this sort of set up?

Could be a savate influence?

The shirts say "the art of fencing without the blade" which is not a bad description of JKD!

Latest Discussions