Foshan

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I visited Foshan for a day about a week ago and I can say it's a pretty nice place for an industrial town!!
We stayed out of the main part as it was cheaper (we are long term travelling and on a budget) and boy it was cheap. I would say if you were going to stay and train you could live on not that much, maybe 20 GBP per day or less, excluding training costs. Always a thought!!
So I had wanted to stay a week and do some WC but my injury put paid to that, instead we done the touristy thing for a day. First on the list was the Ip Man tong which we lucked out on finding, you wouldnt believe how hard it was to communicate (being a non Cantonese speaker) where the place was.
I won't spoil it and put pics up but it was an exhibition and I enjoyed it, mainly pictures and a few pieces of memoribilia. There was supposedly Ip Mans dummy, pole and knives there, I wasn't sure as the dummy didnt look that used to me...bit of sceptic I know ;-)
Lots of overseas students and clubs were on show, David Peterson has a good few shots as did Jim Fung (MJM, were you in any of those pics??).
Also I am pleased to say that one of Shaun Rawcliffes diagrams from the book Simply Wing Chun was included in the display. An honour I am sure and nice to see that he is respected outside of the UK.
It could do with an update like all exhibitions I suppose and maybe more interactive stuiff in there but overall some good photos and nice to see Ip Man is so respected here.

In the same complex there is temples and a kung fu school, a Shaolin style I think. It was funny watching the master kicking the kids back legs when they were in their bow stances. Reminded me of when I was a kid in the same situation lol.
There was a also a garden to visit and I must say it was stunning and serene and worth going, gee I must be getting old visiting bloody gardens!!!

So if you are going to visit HK then Foshan is 2.5 hours on the bus, worth coming too but think you will need a China visa.

Off to Kung Fu school on Monday, looking forward to it but nervous too. We are in Yantai at the mo after doing Beijing which I must add was awesome, The Great wall etc.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I visited Foshan for a day about a week ago and I can say it's a pretty nice place for an industrial town!!
------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks much for your reports. Really enjoy them.

joy chaudhuri

Latest Discussions