FMAT: Stranded in Manila for a couple weeks?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Stranded in Manila for a couple weeks?
By Pitboss 306 - Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:16:55 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

I planned to finally (with unfortunately late notice) travel to Philippines with my Kali club, to tour and do some training for two weeks. This was a very exiting opportunity for me to visit the islands where my martial art originated. I was stoked to say the least.

After buying my non-transferable, non refundable ticket for $2000 to Manila, i was informed that my Guro and his family were unable to secure a place for me on any excursions, and that the training they had secured had suddenly become unattainable. The travel and training had originally taken up the bulk of the itenerary for the trip.

The jist of the situation now, being that if I don't go, I lose the $2000 I paid for a ticket. If I DO go there, I would be in Manila from March 27 till April 8, without my kali club, without a knowledgeable guide, or anybody I know. I still have to contact the one dive instructor I know well in the city. He may be on another island. My Guro and his father are worried sick about me wandering the streets of Manila without proper supervision...

Being Easter Break, apparently hotel space is a minimum to nil. It's a daunting prospect for me to try to find a hostel. Should I suck it up and ditch the trip entirely, or does anybody know of any relatively safe, tattoo-artist friendly accommodations in Manila? FMA or otherwise?

I may be able to check back to this forum soon, or people can email me at
[email protected]
ot text/call
1(306) 221-4034

Thanks in advance for any advice or directions!
(even if it is to just ditch taking the trip...)

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed