FMAT: Sherlock Holmes

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Sherlock Holmes
By Kailat - 01-01-2010 04:02 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Ok, so i watched the new movie release "Sherlock Holmes" w/ Robert Downey Jr.

It was a good film. I wouldn't go as far as saying I'd go view it a 2nd time though. It was an ok 1 time movie.

But has anyone else had the chance to watch it?

The film is filled w/ several fight scenes that I'd say RDJr. had impressed me with. His empty hand and "stick fighting" skills in the movie was simply obvious it was a very basic set of FMA tactics.

It was interesting to see someone like RDJr. use these skills in this film. I was rather pleased w/ his abilities overall. It really makes you unsure if these actors gain this sort of skill level over the endless hours they train to make these scenes look as realistic as possible.

I've seen guys that's trained in the arts for many years and still does not move as fluid and nicely as these actors w/ very minimal training do.

But i guess thats the difference between getting paid to learn the arts, vs. paying to learn the arts...

At any rate the movie is worth seeing if you have not ventured out to spend the dollars to see it. If anything for the fight scenes alone...

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
You guys should really pay attention to all of what CK posts, not just fight spoilers. There's already a pretty good Sherlock Holmes thread running.

Latest Discussions