FMAT: Roland Dantes Hoax

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Roland Dantes Hoax
By Datu Tim Hartman - 12-31-2008 12:56 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

You may not be aware but there is someone pretending to be Kuya Dantes and asking for money. Several of us have been a tempting top get to the bottom of this. It is a hoax! Don't send money! Here is the latest update:

Greetings Everyone!

As many of you may have knowledge by now, a hoax had been executed several days ago with emails and phone calls informing that GM Roland Dantes was recently mugged in Perth, Australia and was in dire need of money. This email is to confirm that Manong Roland is doing well and enjoying the holidays in the Philippines. This fact was just recently confirmed by Master Rey Dominguez from the Philippines, a close friend of Manong Roland.

I was first informed by Datu Tim Hartman (New York) on Monday evening about this posible hoax (at that time). My attempts to contact Manong Roland via cellphone and email ([email protected]) failed because perhaps these two contacts were also hacked. I immediately started contacting several of Manong Roland's confidants to get an answer. Personally, I knew that this was false attempt by someone with bad intentions. I personally know Manong Roland and this act would be out of his character.

Well, fortunately this was a hoax and GM Roland Dantes is again doing well and currently in the PI.

A great posibility that this person hacked into the Roland Dantes Facebook (or other online source) and manipulated his way into getting pertinent info. There are so many of these such online community blogs (or whatever they are now called) in the WWW. For the most part, they can be put in good use as you are able to communicate and create friends throughout the world....but can also be dangerous. Just be careful in managing yours.

See you next year in good cheer, better health and prosperity! Ingat kayong lahat at mabuhay!

Manigong Bagong Taon sa inyong lahat!!!
Happy New Year!!!

Punong Guro Myrlino P. Hufana
Hufana Traditional Arnis International
World Filipino Martial Arts Association
14510 NE 20th Street, #100
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425) 643-8488

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good to know he's safe and healthy. Thanks for the update and valid info.

David

Latest Discussions