FMAT: Prejudicious in FMA

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Prejudicious in FMA
By FilAmfighter1 - 09-16-2009 04:25 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

All of my life I have had to deal prejudice being Eurasion, I live in area of Southern California that is nick named "little Hawaii". My wife is filipina and to shall the filipino culture with me, her family shared FMA. In my journeys I gone from student to student-teacher, to basic teacher, to a master. I trained with different groups at first until I met Felix Roiles whom I have stayed with. Under him I was tested at each level and blessed to teach, finally by blessed to be called a Master.
What has amazed me is the prejudice I have found in FMA from both Americans and Filipinos. I have friend who is master, but was born here in the US and does not talk with accent, so people have said how good can he be if he is from here in the US. I have seen filipinos not study with an american because of the color of his skin without ever seeing him fight. and then go train with a guy who has never fought in tournament. I have had people say how could I be a real master as I trained here and not back in the islands. It does not matter were they have trained, the color of thier skin or they way they talk. Judge teachers on the way they can fight and teach. I know for some that this a paradigm shift.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions