FMAT: Pekiti-Tirsia Kali is Uncommon Fighting System

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Pekiti-Tirsia Kali is Uncommon Fighting System
By GrandTuhon Leo T Gaje Jr - Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:23:08 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Way back in the early years of the 40's and 50's , the filipino art expressed in the use of the Bolo but with a stick for purposes of training had grown only to the few people specially in the Islands of Negros and Panay and some Islands too.The most common expression was the Bolo for harvesting but with the dual purposes a weapon for harvest and a weapon for survival. Every market day specially Sunday many people come down from different sector of the Mountain region bringing with them root crops, fruits, vegetables,chicken, pigs, carabaos, ducks and birds for sale.But along their journey up to the time they reach the market place, the BOLO continue to cling to the waist line of farmer with his wife and children.

Each clan in the region have their own way to resist against intruders and they have a way of fighting not known to many only to the handful few.Their freedom to exercise their fighting system is when confronted with a challenge by some strange visitors who got drunk and throw challenge to anyone in the market place. In a moment of joy someone lost his arm without even knowing who did it. No one tells all in tight lips.

You still find this today in the mountain regions of Negros, Panay, 'Samar-Leyte, Mindoro, Masbate and Palawan but very common in Mindanao.

Learning all these conditions my Grandfather when he was exposed to this evironment in the place of Isio, Negros Occidental. his attitude was to remain uncommon among people,he never exposed his system but people knew that he fights when called for. So Pekiti-Tirsia remained to be unpopular art until, it was brought to New York City in the early 70's.It was not taught in the Philippines , even in Negros ( Bacolod City). My presence in New York City sparks the beginning of UNCOMMON ART FOR A COMMON MAN FOR UNCOMMON TECHNOLOGY.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

supersaiyan

White Belt
Reaction score
hey clark thanx for the in depth info bro ....i have been
looking for a diverse style of self defense methods on forums relating to jkd/fma places in nyc area...any u can recommend?

i have a few places from y looking around.

5 points fitness

andersons martial arts

both spots have Kali systems teachings