FMAT: Pekiti Tirsia Instructor-ship program

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Pekiti Tirsia Instructor-ship program
By EliasPFS - 06-07-2010 12:22 AM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Hi guys I'm considering learning pekiti tirsia, but because literally not a single kali instructor lives with 125 miles, I would essentially need to become one myself, just to practice. i dont care about having a rank, but i would feel bad doing anything I wasn't qualified in. What do you guys think of this?

http://www.ptkgo.com/PTKGO/TRAINING.html

Halfway down the page it has an instructor candidacy program. What could I learn in the time given? I personally neither want to be bullshido or mcdojo, and I really want to progress past doing cinco terros and albanicos on the tire in my backyard. I need to drill, I need to spar. That said hopefully I will move to nyc or cali for school. I was wondering What PT schools are there? thanx!

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lot of hype on that page... And not much detail about what the instructorship program entails. Tuhon Gage has a very good reputation, so I'm going to suspect that the instructorship program would involve a lot of travel... I suggest looking harder to find an instructor that you can train with, even if it's only by traveling once a month and practicing in-between.

Latest Discussions