FMAT: Hello, few questions regarding which FMA styles that would suit me best

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Hello, few questions regarding which FMA styles that would suit me best
By Eso1 - 07-13-2011 01:35 AM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Hello, i am interested in learning a FMA, but i am not sure which exact style suits me best, There is Doce Pares mayo academy right by where i live, there is a pekiti tirsia kali school a short train ride away, and a sayoc and dog brothers school not far from me.

I want a style that is not for sport or tournaments like doce pares seems to me, i have done some research on pekiti tirsia and it seems like it would suit me best, but i wonder does it also include panantukan/filipino boxing ? or good hand to hand techniques? i live in NYC, and crime has been rising a bit in my neighborhood.

Last summer a young man got stabbed in the neck a few blocks away from me while trying to defend his younger brother whom was getting jumped by several gang members. And knife attacks have been happening very often, not long ago a man went on a random stabbing spree on the subways from brooklyn to manhattan. I want to learn a martial art that focuses on defense against weapons and also defending yourself with small weapons, but also since i cannot always be carrying a blade on me i want to know which is best suited for me that includes everything, weapons and hand to hand.

Since there are many varieties of FMA and styles i am not very informed about the difference and specialties of them.Thank you for any advice you can give.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions