FMAT: FMA Sparring

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
FMA Sparring
By junior eskrimador - Sat, 07 Jul 2007 00:52:47 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

What is the value of armour and no armour sparring?

There are many FMA oragnization that has different rules of sparring. Some use armour, minimum armour, or just head gear and gloves. Some use rattan, padded sticks, and baseball like sticks. Each one simulates different types of style.

What was told by a GM of Doce Pares is that the armour was introduced to make Eskrima a sport like event with minimum injuries to both players. In the old era of Eskrima challenges no armour was use and played until someone gave up, seriously injured, or sometimes death. Just as UFC, the rules has changed when it first started until today. It made it safer to all players and still able to use their skills.

Some Eskrimadors use rattan sticks to spar but in a control manner. Some use padded sticks for full contact sparring. There is no right or wrong but what is the value of getting seriously injured.

As for myself, I use armour; body, head, and gloves. I am now doing control sparring. I still feel the stick when I'm using the armour and I would hate to feel a full strike without armour.

So the question again is:

What is the value of armour and no armour sparring?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed