FMAT: Filipino and Adult martial arts programs

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Filipino and Adult martial arts programs
By Captain Tom - Tue, 11 Dec 2007 01:50:48 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

My oldest son went on hiatus from martial arts a few years ago and now he wants to get back in to it. And I've been thinking about doing it too. I like the idea. My boys have had a lot of fun, and really grown as young men. But what gets me is that it seems so many schools are designed for kids. I'm getting close to 50 and I have the paunch of someone getting close to 50 too, if you know what I mean. I need the exercise.

But I just can't see myself getting in to these multicolor uniforms and standing up to say Boy Scout style pledges and doing exercises with glittery plastic weapons and talking in foreign words. Don't get me wrong, I think its GREAT for kids, but these schools tend to have the adults do the same stuff the kids do.

So, my oldest boy keeps telling me to think about a Filipino kind of class because the training is more realistic and less about the flashy uniforms and stuff.

But I feel like I can't get an honest story about what any school does. I don't mean that anyone is lying to me. But, every time I ask a question I get told "we do that." So, everyone will help me lose weight, have fun, get better discipline. And everyone thinks their martial art or their school or their instructors are the best. And everyone has these contracts.

What do you use to make a decison?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed