FMAT: 2008 opens new avenues to understand FMA

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
2008 opens new avenues to understand FMA
By GrandTuhon Leo T Gaje Jr - Wed, 02 Jan 2008 07:18:47 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

It is about time that those who are researching the effectiveness of the real fighting to survive , the 2008 opens an opportunity to learn the most efffective way how time and effort is worth while to invest. There is always the mentality in saying that " I studied martial Arts for 12 years or 20 years" or when you asked someone how long he has been in martial arts, oftenly the proud response is 5 years up to ten years with so many titles from different styles.The question comes to the minds of someone who asked the question is 12 years good enough to see how good is this person or was 12 years counting one time a month of training or one day every six months.Even those who claim to be Grandmaster cannot even twirl the stick or smoothly deliver a correct flow from the different angles to suggest that the movements shows an excellent skill as a Grandmaster. GRandmaster who cannot even articulate the correct description on the exactness of the techniques .A Grandmaster in name , does one desrves to be a grandmaster who cannot perform and cannot present logic to every presentation. What kind of image this grandmaster representing FMA being criticize for bad performance, incoherent , inconsistent, out of tune footwork and worst how much can he teach after several sessions, except repeating and repeating , playing the same record in the same phonograph. Where is the learning skill , where is the teaching skill.Those who stick to this kind of teaching is as bad as the Grandmaster's pretentious mentality.

It is about time that those who are learning the FMA should open your mind to know and understand , you have the freedom to learn and you have the freedom to understand why stick to the teachngs that are blocking your mentality to analyze.

Stereo type mentality will drive you to wrong education and wrong end results.I still see the blade blocking style and the disarming with a live knife.Do you still admire this type of teachings. How do you evaluate yourself to have somebody disarm your blade or knife in actual fight. What you do in training will come out in actual fight.

Comes this entry of 2008, a year to understand. I hope each one that research FMA must open their avenues of understanding. It pains me to see that someone claim to be an FMA yet catching the open live blade and disarming the blade. Good luck if you continue to do it.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed