FMA on the Travel Channel

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Saturday night on the Travel Channel they had show “Martial Art hot spots in the world”. It featured about 6 systems and they actually had an FMA system, Doce Pares. They featured Grandmaster Dionisio "Diony" Cañete. The piece was well done and even had some tournament footage. GM Diony reminded performance me of the time that GM Presas did a seminar with GM Cocoy. I would recommend watching for this show.

P.S. For those who have been watching some on f the Balintawak threads discussing the roots of the system being Doce Pares. It is very evident that both arts have grown in two different directions. Based on the footage that was on this show one wouldnÂ’t think that they had common origins.
:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is that the exact name of the show? I was trying to find a repeat of it, but the closest I found were some shows on the FIT channel (Fitness TV).

OP
Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Is that the exact name of the show? I was trying to find a repeat of it, but the closest I found were some shows on the FIT channel (Fitness TV).

It is the travel channel. I taped most of the show, so you can see it when you get into town this week.
:asian: :partyon:

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Renegade said:
It is the travel channel. I taped most of the show, so you can see it when you get into town this week.
:asian: :partyon:

What was the actual title for the program. Usually they loop the programming or you can order episodes.... I am interested

OP
Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it was "Hot spots around the world - Martial Arts"

X

XkempoX

I think the episode was called "Ends of the Earth" - Martial Arts Hot Spots.
smileJap.gif