FMA in Newport, Rhode Island

Skubysnak

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm moving to Newport, RI by the end of the year and was wondering if there are any FMA schools in the area. I think there is a Pekiti Tirsia school nearby, but was looking for more options.

Thanks in advance...

OP
S

Skubysnak

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Is Providence far from Newport, RI???

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its about a half hour...maybe a little longer when traffic is rough. Its a very small state - nothing in Rhode Island is far from Newport. :)

OP
S

Skubysnak

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm from San Diego, so I know distance and traffic. Thanks for the hook up guys...

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Nothing's far from anything in RI!
Geographically that is a true statement.

Psychologically, well, you must understand your typical Rhode Islander has the mentality - "if it is more than a fifteen minute drive - it is too far away!"

Also some other RI factoids regarding driving a motor vehicle, in Rhode Island the person making the left hand turn actually believes they have the right of way.

Part B of that belief - is the infamous "Rhode Island Roadblock" - as a person entering the traffic flow while attempting to make a left turn does feel entitled to block any on-coming traffic (on his driver's side).

Last edited:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Absolutely. You keep going straight then you make a right where McGrath's store used to be -- we're down the road a half mile in the old Lombardi building. :D

Latest Discussions