Florida Huricanes

G

Gary Crawford

Do Florida residents get anything in the way of "frequent flee-er miles"?

Silat Student

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If we do I'd sure like to know why I haven't been told. The good news is.....*drumroll* some of the snow birds are leaving..... the bad news is *cymbal crash* they're taking they're money with 'em. Having a tourism based economy sucks!

OP
D

danp1970

tell me about it.i can't believe 4 hurricanes in 6 weeks.frances destroyed us,even the school where my brother-in-law runs,had roof damage.its taking it toll on them real bad,alot of students he had can't make it,as their parents now have to deal with the insurance companies.they have been a rip off too,like 9,000 dollar deductable for hurricane damage.its really hurting the martial art schools out here,many of them are being force to closed,he is hanging on for dear life,but at this rate his school won't be runing either.he had over 100 students just being open for 3 years in orange city fl.

Silat Student

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ouch! We're really getting to see which insurance companies are honorable and which ones are full of shysters. Some companies are doing things like charging a deductable for EACH hurricane (which is legal, but certainly not right) while others have authorized their adjusters to issue checks ON THE SPOT after appraising a claim (which is really helping some families out).

Latest Discussions