First week of Muai Thai...WOW

Kid Krinkle

White Belt
Reaction score
What's up everyone. I have been going to kickboxing classes for about 5 months and just made the switch to Muai Thai. A teacher at my LA Boxing is a semi-pro MMA fighter who has a passion for MT. So out of his own pockets he purchased most if not all the Thai pads (Fairtex :) for the class and started to organize MT classes at the gym once it closes to the public at night. Charging only $50 a month extra for three 2 hour classes a week!

At the first class, we had a lot of people about 20+ but it was great none the less. At my class last night we only had half that but it was better, more advise and supervision time as I want to make sure I was doing things correctly.

I'm old, 32, and sore, bruised, blistered, banged up. Ready for the weekend to heal a bit. I don't really care though because there is something inside of me that loves MT. Just wanted to share my experience.

Kurt

( ps. I am traveling to Thailand for vacation in December staying in Krabi. If anyone has some suggestions on where to get some gear and watch good fights in or near Krabi, please let me know.)

Akira

Green Belt
Reaction score
Are you going to Bangkok before you head to Krabi? It's cheaper to buy gear from BKK if you can.

Latest Discussions