Finally

swishandflick

White Belt
Reaction score
I was away from MA for ten months. I had become very sick which stopped me cold. (the itch to get back there every day) When it came the time to return I checked with several other schools and forms of MA in my area first just to be sure, not expecting to find anything... I found one that ticked boxes I didn’t know my original studio was missing.

Now a week and a half into new school. Home. Starting from square one, sore, exhausted and so happy. I had almost forgotten how good it feels to walk out of a strong class. Nothing like it.

I came tonight to find info/terms I was told in class. So much bombarded at you when you begin (this beginning is so different) my mind needs more moments to absorb each bit, so trying to use my time well in between classes.

Thanks for creating this space.

Look forwarding to meeting all of you.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! What style is it? If you ask on here the different terms, i am sure someone will have answers for you

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, Swishandflick. Hope you enjoy it.

And welcome back to training, bro. :)

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What style were you in before?
How long?
What style now?
Why were you looking around for something else? I mean, 10 months away due to illness isn’t that long in the whole grand scheme of things.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was away from MA for ten months. I had become very sick which stopped me cold. (the itch to get back there every day) When it came the time to return I checked with several other schools and forms of MA in my area first just to be sure, not expecting to find anything... I found one that ticked boxes I didn’t know my original studio was missing.

Now a week and a half into new school. Home. Starting from square one, sore, exhausted and so happy. I had almost forgotten how good it feels to walk out of a strong class. Nothing like it.

I came tonight to find info/terms I was told in class. So much bombarded at you when you begin (this beginning is so different) my mind needs more moments to absorb each bit, so trying to use my time well in between classes.

Thanks for finding the forum. I hope you find what you are looking for. Give us a bio when you have the time.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Welcome to Martial Talk, and welcome back to the martial arts community. It sounds like you've found a great place to train!

Retrofit

White Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like you are pumped, always good with people who can spread that energy on here! :)

kitkatninja

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Awesome, that's great... How different is the new art/association to your old one?