Feng Shui...

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am going to be moving soon into a new house and I am seriously thinking or incorporating the Feng Shui ideals in my home. I have been reading a couple books on this, but I was wanting to hear if anyone here has grown up with or uses this in their home and if so, do you have any info that would help? Any small pointers would be appreciated. Like for instance, I have heard that if you hang a small crystal in the doorway to the bathroom, it sybolizes your money not getting flushed down the toilet or something like that. Anyway, I have read a lot about the furniture part of it, but I am looking for more detailed type advice. Any pointers??? Thanks in advance.

R

rmcrobertson

Congratulations. I've started looking, and it's tying my stomach up in knots already....

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welllll ... I did change the placements of our beds in our respective bedrooms to coordinate as functionally as I could with the directions, etcetera, but my house is not constructed to be feng shui. I did notice a fair improvement in everyone's health, personal development, general luck ... but I also sometimes wonder about placebo effect. :idunno: Whatever it is, I'm pleased with what's changed since I moved the furniture around.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have books. I do not follow the practice, but I have read them. Its more complicated than just "Hang a Crystal in the doorway"

If you want to do this seriously, Id suggest getting a couple books on the subject, and following the plans carefully, including mapping out your home and determinining the correct placement of furnature based on the map.

:idunno:

BTW, Love the New Starwars/Family guy avatar.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I happen to like Feng Shui, and I think it helps the "mood" of a place. I have no idea about moving energies, but the changes I've seen people make following the principles seem to create a more... easy place to live in, I guess.

I have one book that I like, I'll try to get the title for you.

If you are going all out, hire a pro. It's very pricey, however, from what I understand.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lillian Too's Easy-to-use Feng Shui is a pretty thorough guide and it covers sitting positions, furniture placement, decoration, etcetera.

For example, she talks about not putting too much decorating emphasis in the bathroom because energy leave the home through the bathroom, hence don't put too much of your personal energy in there (meaning personal investment in decoration and beautification). Don't put a good-fortune buddha stattuette on the window sill because your good fortune will go out the window ... flowers in the bathroom will send beauty and growth right down the toilet. You get the idea. Bathroom doors and laundry doors should stay closed to keep good energy from leaving the house (I leave mine cracked so the bad energy can leave). Too many corners and pillars can interrupt energy flow. Lots of stuff to know on energy movement and the art of auspicious placement.

Good luck!

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The great thing about feng shui is that even if it doesn't work, your house will probably look better.

Yes, I admit, I did work a little feng shui in my house.

T

T3dragon

Feng shui is from what I understand quite difficult, but I hear the effects are quite worth the hassle of planning it all out.

Phoenix44 said:
The great thing about feng shui is that even if it doesn't work, your house will probably look better.
What Phoenix sid is true. I have an ex-girlfriend would has been working on the "perfect" feng shui house.

I would say go for it but read as much as you can before you go into it. Maybe you can even talk to a person who works with it regularly to get a better idea.

Good luck with the house,
T3

Latest Discussions