Feeling enlightened

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gray Phoenix said:
That being said, the belt is very important since it holds your gi closed
erm, not necessarily.

the Gi's of a few of our instructors are forever falling open. Sometimes it's scary :)xtrmshock) and sometimes it's an added bonus :)fanboy: ). and then there's times when they have hickeys on their collarbones and your trying so hard not to laugh in their oblivous face. :rofl: :angel:

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Venomstrike said:
I signed up at these forums when I first entered martial arts (a few months ago). After 3 months of martial arts, I can't believe that I haven't started sooner! My life feels so much more different with martial arts, it really is an awesome experience - and I'm only a yellow belt! I notice that my body and mind have improved a great deal.

Does anyone else feel this way with martial arts?

PS: I definately will stick around these forums and utilize the wealth of information and techniques posted here.

Often, life in western society is very external and non-physical (not like "out of body", just more academic or external, not much focus on the body.) The martial arts are different, they rely on a coordination of mind and body working together. Science is still cataloging all the ways that exercise is good for the mind as well as the body, in OUR form on exercise... the coordination between the two can have a synergistic effect that leads to a greater sense of wholeness. Calmness, serenity and confidence as well as a hightened sensitivity to our physical environment and the emotional energy of others are some of the by-products of this work over the long haul.

ENJOY!!!
Your Brother
John

OP
C

Crom

Glad to hear its an ongoing feeling, I only started a month ago and MA are takin over! Just can't wait to my next training session, always.

Latest Discussions