Favorite Tecniques

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I guess this kinda branches off of Paul's First Technique thread.

So what is your favorite Wrist Technique, Clothes Technique, Throw, and kick

So to follow order I would have to say Wrist throw, Shoulder throw, Major Outer Winding throw, front upraising or twist are my two favorite kicks.

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ooohhh...:fanboy: Favorite techniques..hmmm..sooo many.:boing1:

Wrist technique I'd have to say center lock. Which looks something like this. Tons of fun and you can slap it on in a nanosecond.%-} Plus..it's a great transitional technique..so it makes for good flow drill use.

Now as far as clothes technique. I have to have two..just because I'm special. :uhyeah:

First is an s-lock,which is a pretty basic technique,but when done from a low sleeve it is disgustingly tight. It's another technique you can put on someone *this* quick.

Second would probably be a cutting shoulder lock..another very,very painful technique but loads of fun to put on some unfortunate partner.

I don't know about throws...hmmm..I tend to gravitate towards anything I can use quickly with minimal set-up time,so probably the throw version of a vertical wristlock,closely followed by a turning leaf.

Favorite Kick would be a low circle heel kick..like having a swiss army knife I tell ya..lots of uses in one little kick.

Nice topic,Matt.:asian:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Right now I'm just looking forward to knowing enough to have a favorite technique. :)

Having only been exposed to very few techniques, so far I kind of like the same side wrist grab break that turns into a backfist strike because I can really feel the circular motion with it.

I hope my beginner answer doesn't sound too silly.

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
crushing said:
Right now I'm just looking forward to knowing enough to have a favorite technique. :)

Having only been exposed to very few techniques, so far I kind of like the same side wrist grab break that turns into a backfist strike because I can really feel the circular motion with it.

I hope my beginner answer doesn't sound too silly.

That answer doesn't sound the least bit silly to me.:asian: It's very good that you are already making the connections in movement. Good stuff.

Ghost58

White Belt
Reaction score
Howdy All... This is my first time so please have patience. My Teacher say's the center lock is one of his favorites also. I like the Photo Nice job!!!

OP
matt.m

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey welcome pal. Ghost58 enjoy your visit to hapkido land ala martialtalk.com

Latest Discussions