Favorite technique & Why?

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
:) If you were stranded on a desert island with one technique (your favorite), which whould you chose and why?

Not looking for the best or follow up posts critiquing the last person's technique. I am just curious as to your favorite technique....

I tried searching for a post similar to this, but did not find one.

Thanks!

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If there were sticks on the island i would carve a beautiful stick and practice figure 8! The stick would make a nice walking stick for my strolls around the island and could be used to fend off the dragons! I could also use the stick as a spear to catch fish and also play jarts.
I am feeling creative today! :)

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Today, my answer will be ...

Blinding Sacrifice

I learned this technique as a yellow belt, while attending a seminar with Mr. Planas, so, I have known the technique for almost all five years I have been studying Kenpo. It may be my favorite because of all of the stikes ... Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang ... NO! I'm not done yet ... Bang, Whack, Pow, and this is for my Old Gaffer!

It's a fun technique to run. It is taught at a point in training, I think, where we begin to recognize that most Kenpo takes place in closer quarters than we believe it is executed. Someone's signature tag on this board says something like; "Kenpo is the ability to hit an attacker in so many places they can't hold all the places it hurts." This technique embodies that idea.

I could probably think of some more stuff that's fun about the technique too.

But, then, tomorrow, I may have a different favorite technique :)

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Milking the Mongoose.
icon7.gif

Jeff

Actually my answer is the right technique for the right situation. Some techniques I don't like, but none are my favorite.

Slihn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
..........hmmmmmm just one technique?Lets see;it would probably be straight lead(a JKD technique,becuase it is simple fast,direct and its one of the most pratical techiques used for set ups.

-Good Training!

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
favorite technique....

always liked thundering hammers. feels like i'm throwing a tantrum. also, it's one that just begs for all sorts of spiffy modifications and creative thought.

swiftpete

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think my favourite technique is a jumping knee. Ideally to the face while holding the back of their head. But the groin works well too.
Being on a desert island would be so relaxing i don't think i'd be worrying about techniques though, I'd just spend my day floating around naked!

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't choose a technique I would choose Block Set (star blocks) it incorporates both strikes ( if you picture all the blocks as hammer fist with the exception of the pushdown) and blocks and builds spontinaity.

That is True EPAK.

The Set I would practice inside the UKF ciriculum would be sticky hands. that incorporates locks, breaks, sticky hands strikes and blocks as well as nerve and meridian strikes.

I personally do sticky hands at lest 20 times everyday. I stand in a horse stance while brushing my teath and hair. I practice my crossovers while walking up the stairs. these are just a couple of things I do in my daily routine to polish my Kenpo.

V/R

Rick

Latest Discussions