Faster Beer!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051114/ap_on_bi_ge/turbo_tap

The company that sped up pulls of draft beer at sports stadiums around the country with its Turbo Tap nozzle is bringing the technology to rec rooms across America.

Laminar Technologies LLC has outfitted six sports arenas including U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago and some 30 Chicago bars, receiving fawning media coverage. Time magazine lists the gadget as one of the coolest inventions of 2005 in an issue that hits newsstands Monday.
After all the attention, the company says hundreds of beer drinkers are clamoring to get a Turbo Tap of their own. On Monday the company will start selling home kits online for those who have drilled holes in refrigerators to make "kegerators" or bought special coolers to serve draft beer in their basements, garages and recreation rooms.

OK, who wants to start a pool on how long it takes for kegerator to be accepted in the dictionary? I'll take midnight tomorrow, please.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Beer fell from the sky on MT last night Arni, so anything is possible. I will take next Tuesday, giving it time to get through the red tape. ;)

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that was white beer (to go with the white pizza, I suppose).

You're probably right about the red tape...but since beer is involved, I'm thinking they'll find a way to speed it up.

Could there be a frat house anywhere that won't install a kegerator--even if it's a dry campus?

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
More good news on this front:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051115/ap_on_he_me/healthy_beer

Hops used to brew beer may have some health benefits but researchers warn against expecting any significant effect by drinking a few cold ones.

[...]
"We can't say that drinking beer will help prevent cancer," said Fred Stevens, OSU assistant professor of pharmacy and scientist in the Linus Pauling Institute.

You heard it here! Drinking beer prevents disease!

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ben Franklin said, 'Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy'.

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Red Tape....the American way....lol...hope i didn't offend anyone.

Ben Franklin was a brilliant man...

Hmmmm.....i will give them till the next major reprint..revision ... whatever it is.

(by the way i don't drink beer, just the occasion shot or two...of something 50 proof or above.)

Latest Discussions