Fake Pot Concerns Officials

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Link

Extreme anxiety, racing heart and paranoia are among the symptoms patients have complained of after smoking synthetic marijuana.

All were teenagers or people in their early 20s, said Dr. Danyal Ibrahim, director of toxicology at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center, and at least one had hallucinations. The most recent patient, he said, was sweaty, agitated, and "felt a sense of doom and felt that he was going to die."

More commonly known as "spice" or K2, synthetic marijuana is easy to buy — at gas stations, convenience stores, head shops and online. A small envelope was selling for $9.99 at one Hartford gas station.

Thoughts?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a similiar thing to something we've had here, a substance sold quite legally as plant food/bath salts but people have been taking as a drug instead.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article7065503.ece

There doesn't seem to be much that people won't try if they think they'll like the results, I wonder if the side effects would be enough to put the people who've already taken the synthetic pot off taking anything else, sadly I doubt it.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've heard about this - it was on the local news a few days ago, although the only article I could about it on the news site was about 3 months old.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seems very irresponsible to package it like a drug/ingestible.

Latest Discussions