Extant Chinese Martial Arts Schools in NYC?

Azure718

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all. Newbie here. Since COVID happened, many schools shut down. Is there a directory (or even Google Map) of all active or open Chinese Martial Arts schools in the 5 boroughs of NYC? Especially Internal Martial Arts in Queens. Hopefully folks can get back to me as I am at the end of my rope trying to find answers.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The closest that you'll find is this, but it's not fully accurate: Martial Arts Schools in Dojo Directory - Dojo Finder. Just sort by chinese martial arts and your area code. Given that so many CMA schools don't share the info publically, don't have public websites, or don't update those websites, I can't imagine any list would be accurate. If you're willing to look into external martial arts (and if they still have any open schools after covid..I haven't kept up with them recently) I'd recommend checking out fu jow pai. They're one that to my knowledge do not share their schools locations online, but you can email them for info here: Fu-Jow Pai Federation, Inc | About

kfman

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello all. Newbie here. Since COVID happened, many schools shut down. Is there a directory (or even Google Map) of all active or open Chinese Martial Arts schools in the 5 boroughs of NYC? Especially Internal Martial Arts in Queens. Hopefully folks can get back to me as I am at the end of my rope trying to find answers.
Have you considered learning online?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Have you considered learning online?
For someone just getting started, that's a terrible idea.

Besides, if there's anyplace where traditional CMA is still being taught, a big city with an old, established "Chinatown" ...like NYC would probably be your best bet. The trouble is finding a school since a lot of stuff is not taught in a public, commercial way.

dream

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yes there is. Rare to find the real art but 3 treasures isn’t taught outside of Chinatown (in my opinion) anymore . The best Wing chun school (4th internal art to me) is in queens in my opinion. Message me if you want

OP
A

Azure718

White Belt
Reaction score
Sorry for revisiting what might be a dead thread. I have had injuries and so many false leads in the past year since starting this thread that I almost quit my search. I am particularly interested in knowing if anyone here has trained in any of the Yee's Hung Ga branches in Manhattan? Reddit has not been too helpful.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sorry for revisiting what might be a dead thread. I have had injuries and so many false leads in the past year since starting this thread that I almost quit my search. I am particularly interested in knowing if anyone here has trained in any of the Yee's Hung Ga branches in Manhattan? Reddit has not been too helpful.
It appears they offer a free introductory class..... go give it a try....what do you have to lose.

Latest Discussions