Excellent Half Guard and Side Control in this MMA bout

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I love seeing ground fighting in MMA, and for some reason the ladies over in Asia keep impressing me with their skills. This match was a quick one, but I loved the use of half guard for defense by Kim, and the pinning of the arms in side control to allow the ground and pound by Phogat. Well deserved win by Phogat.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Women's MMA has certainly come a long way in the last 10 years or so.

Side note - if MMA matches with male fighters get scantily clad ring girls as eye candy for the male viewers, then shouldn't women's MMA matches get some hunky Chippendales dancers to hold the round cards as eye candy for the female viewers? It seems only fair.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Yes. Additionally, MMA out of Asia has also come a long way. I think One FC is putting on better matches than UFC and Bellator.

Side note - if MMA matches with male fighters get scantily clad ring girls as eye candy for the male viewers, then shouldn't women's MMA matches get some hunky Chippendales dancers to hold the round cards as eye candy for the female viewers? It seems only fair.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. I like the double dip of female fighters and female ring girls. I'll continue to soak up my straight male privilege as long as I can!

GreatSayiaman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
One FC is a Million Times better than UFC and Bellator when it comes to the matches. Plus the rule set is better.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

We do that.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score

What female viewers?

Edit - some quick research surprisingly seems to indicate female viewers make up as much as 44% of the demographic. Ok

Let's keep the ring girls anyway.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions