EPAK & Aiki-Jujitsu?

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried blending any of the Aiki-Jujitsu systems into EPAK? I just think it would make an excellent(Mr.Burns l.o.l.)combo. I remember talking with a Tracy's system blk blt a number of years ago, and he mentioned hooking up with a A-J guy in his area. I don't know if he ever did, but it really sounds like a match along the lines of strawberries, and cream. Any agreement, or disagreement out there?

Salute in Christ,

B

bzarnett

What aspect in particular are you thinking about? It's techniques? Movements? Weapons?

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
donald said:
Has anyone ever tried blending any of the Aiki-Jujitsu systems into EPAK? I just think it would make an excellent(Mr.Burns l.o.l.)combo. I remember talking with a Tracy's system blk blt a number of years ago, and he mentioned hooking up with a A-J guy in his area. I don't know if he ever did, but it really sounds like a match along the lines of strawberries, and cream. Any agreement, or disagreement out there?

Salute in Christ,

I am going to agree, at least from the Tracy's perspective. It is not even so much a blend in my opinion as it is that the study of the Aikido or A-J pulls in a new perspective and opens the door to a whole lot of stuff that is in our kenpo that most never even see.

OP
D

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
bzarnett said:
What aspect in particular are you thinking about? It's techniques? Movements? Weapons?

I am thinking of some of the core attributes of the A-J systems. Such as the joint locks to throws, the atemi-waza. Especially those aimed at nerve endings etc.. I was never really introduced to that type of material in my kenpo studies. At least not to any real depth. Thanks for the response.

Salute in Christ,
:asian:

Latest Discussions