Enlightening

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And now...something new to think about... as if.

Enlightening:

The next time you hear a politician use the words "billion" casually, think about whether you want that politician spending your tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into perspective in one of its releases.

A billion seconds ago, it was 1959.

A billion minutes ago, Jesus was alive.

A billion hours ago, our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate Washington spends it.
------------------------

The Democrats are complaining on how long the war is taking but consider this:

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

It took less time to find Saddam's sons in Iraq than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sunk at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!

Damn our military is GREAT !

This will give you a chuckle: God bless our fighting men and women and their wonderful sense of humor.
Have you heard what the troops are calling the Sikorsky Blackhawk helicopter Hillary Clinton used on her Iraq tour?
"Broomstick One."

R

rmcrobertson

What would really be enlightening would be for you to post the source you're quoting, because I've seen this list before. And still more enlightening: understanding its ideology.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by rmcrobertson
What would really be enlightening would be for you to post the source you're quoting, because I've seen this list before. And still more enlightening: understanding its ideology.

Alas, it was forwarded to me from a friend... either way... the implications of it does make it rawther interesting no?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had not seen this list and I like it.
Some of the above are really great

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by MACaver
The Democrats are complaining on how long the war is taking but consider this:

Which Democrats?

This Citizen is complaining that the war is being fought with disregard to national and international law. This Citizen is complaining that we have been unsuccessful in proving even 'ONE' assertation that was used to launch the war.

Mike

R

rmcrobertson

Actually, no. Unless we can start another list:

Al Gore spent more time as a soldier in Vietnam than anybody in the President's cabinet with the exception of Colin Powell;

George McGovern spent more time as a combat pilot in Italy than President Bush spent being AWOL from the Texas ANG...

See what I mean?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, no. Unless we can start another list:

Al Gore spent more time as a soldier in Vietnam than anybody in the President's cabinet with the exception of Colin Powell;

Didn't he also invent the internet?

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Technopunk
Didn't he also invent the internet?

What was said ...

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

'took the initiative' seems to mean that Al Gore, as a congressman and senator, recognized the value of the Arpanet, and worked on funding that would help it evolve into the internet.

But ... figuring this out what was said, and what is meant, requires thoughtfulness.

Did you hear the one about George W. Bush's love poem to his wife?

R

rmcrobertson

Nope, but did you hear that apparently Dan Quayle, on a trip to Tijuana, grabbed a little wooden doll that had a pop-up erection feature and chased his wife down the street with it, yanking the string and giggling?

It was around the same time that the first President Bush threw up on the lap of the Japanese Prime Minister---poor guy had the flu, and had to go to this state dinner, and apparently there quickly developed a teenager's slang term, "bushuru," as in, "Oh wow, I got SO drunk and bushuru'd all over the back of Dad's Nissan last night..."

Ah, the dignity of the office.

S

Spud

Nope, but did you hear that apparently Dan Quayle, on a trip to Tijuana, grabbed a little wooden doll that had a pop-up erection feature and chased his wife down the street with it, yanking the string and giggling?

Ha! Finally a reason to like Dan Quayle!

R

rmcrobertson

Eeeeew! It's always worse than I think it is.

Thanks for the link. I liked flipping through to the bit about Neil Bush--I'd forgotten about his role in the 1 billion Silverado collapse--who gave the deposition in which he discussed being winded and dined by Japanese businessmen and screwing his way through a whole passel of hookers in SE Asia, which is roughly as smart as Russian Roulette with two cylinders empty, given the 25-40% HIV infection rate....

I shall especially treasure it next time I turn on the news and hear Hizzoner lecturing the rest of us about morality...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Eeeeew! It's always worse than I think it is.

Thanks for the link. I liked flipping through to the bit about Neil Bush--I'd forgotten about his role in the 1 billion Silverado collapse--who gave the deposition in which he discussed being winded and dined by Japanese businessmen and screwing his way through a whole passel of hookers in SE Asia, which is roughly as smart as Russian Roulette with two cylinders empty, given the 25-40% HIV infection rate....

I shall especially treasure it next time I turn on the news and hear Hizzoner lecturing the rest of us about morality...

I think it is much closer to playing Russian Roulette with the clib being two rounds shy. Once you figure out how to turn the safety off, you are pretty much done. :rolleyes:

Latest Discussions