Emotional Pain! Sense of loss, confused?

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yesterday was the very last day of school that you can do (in England) as we finished for the exams and thus was the end of Sixth Form and the complete of end of all school....ever.

The point being, that some of these people I will never see again, ever, as well as the fact that I will never walk the same routes or go the same or similar classes that I have been doing to for the last 7 years of my life, or having the sense of community spirit that it gives out and somewhere inside I'm getting a sense of loss that I cannot deal with, it will go away with time I know but I'm trying so hard to follow the Buddist teachings of living only for the now and how everything of yesterday must die so you can live now, but Im not mentally strong enough to deal with it and accept it, can anybody help?!

This is a pain (if it was to called that) that I've hardly ever experienced, its a kind of loss that you cannot pin down. Not only that the last two days we've had two trips. One was a outdoor where people were drinking and getting close and reflecting and the other was a prom (in which I was the only person wearing a white suit lol!) and its weird to look around and think maybe some day this will be a distant memory. Is it this that I fear? That I will not remember, especially the details? Or am I being stupid and should get a grip and learn to live now and not reflect upon something that is gone?!

Kind Regards, thanks for listening!

mj_lover

Blue Belt
Reaction score
totally normal, you'll feel it for a while. I doubt you forget, you seemed to have enjoyed your time. take some time, relax, it will all be good, and who sais you can't see these people anymore? call 'em up at some point.

Latest Discussions