Emin Boztepe

Sandstorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone trained with him or attended a seminar? I'm considering the latter and want to see if it's worthwhile. I've followed his progress for a number of years and not attended any of his seminars yet, but have decided maybe I should make the trip out. Thoughts are appreciated and thanks in advance!

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Has anyone trained with him or attended a seminar? I'm considering the latter and want to see if it's worthwhile. I've followed his progress for a number of years and not attended any of his seminars yet, but have decided maybe I should make the trip out. Thoughts are appreciated and thanks in advance!

I trained with him a couple of times some twenty years back before he left Leung Ting's organization. At that time he was very cocky and very tough. I've run into him twice in the last several years while training Escrima. He's a lot older and more experienced, and just as tough... but a much better teacher. So go for it!

BTW you don't have to come all the way to the States to train with him. He travels to Europe frequently. Check his website.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I trained with him for 10 years. One of the finest examples of a martial artist you will ever see. It would be well worth your time.

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I haven't trained with personally, but he's my sifu's sifu, and I've trained with sifu Micheal Casey, both of these men are very good at applying and teaching, and have nothing but the utmost respect at Emin's abilities to do each.

qwksilver61

Black Belt
Reaction score
He will tell you that you are too tense right off the bat,he emphasizes relaxation without breaking down and power based on the repetitious training.Sifu Emin rocks....and he can back it up.He told me to my face"if you want to be a fighter,you have to train like one..I set higher standards for my fighters" That for me was reality right there,that moment..coming from a Champion.That's the truth.You can't go wrong.....

Svemocn1vidar

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Whatever crowd may say about Sifu Emin Boztepe,try not to consider it. Rather,go look for yourself.
He is by far one of the best teacher of Yip Man-Leung Ting lineage. His English is perfect,he will explain everything in detail,he will make you realise and understand what you're doing one way or the other. He trains daily and is still one of the best Wing Chun fighters out there. Allthough his organisation is a bit expensive ( and my Sifu and myself had to quit EBMAS due to financial difficulties ),i have nothing bad to say about him. He is a great teacher and a great martial-artist alltoghether.

Latest Discussions