Either way...

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Consider how our ethics as a country have changed from the days of George Washington’s, “I can not tell a lie” till today.

In today’s America, we have a president who obviously has great disdain for the truth yet still garners about half of the country’s support. So what does that say about us?

If you believe that Barry was indeed born in the United States, then he committed fraud by claiming Kenyan birth to get grants and additional tuition to go to college (that’s never been paid back) as well as to push the sales of his book “Dreams of My Father” which used the marketing angle of a poor boy from Kenya making good in the Land of Opportunity for about 16 years.

If you believe that Barry was indeed born in Kenya, then he lied about his citizenship to further his goal of becoming president so that he could push his Progressive agenda, which disqualifies him to serve in that office.

Either way, he demonstrates a severe lack of integrity and character. Either way he lied and abused the system for personal gain. Either way, he’s got no business being the leader of the “Free World” in my humble opinion.

So, regardless of which side you choose to be on, either way you can’t deny that he’s morally corrupt. His actions speak volumes as to his lack of character and integrity.

Does it not?

What does it say about Barry’s supporters? That they’re okay with it, either way? If they are, how does that reflect on their integrity and character?

Are we at the point of “bread and circuses”? The current Food Stamp Program would indicate as much...

Do we demand NO standards from our elected officials any longer?

Have the barbarians entered Rome?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can you lay that out with some background material, C. It is clearly something you are passionate about but is it really so cut-and-dried? Surely if it were something official would occur? For the man cannot be born in two places, altho, of course, he can easily claim two countries as his own if he so wishes.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would prefer to dislike President Obama for the poor choices he has made as President. I think the nonsense about where he was born is a distraction and a Red Herring.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, if he lied about having been born in Kenya, when his mother is an American citizen, to get the benefit of scholarships or tuition assistance than it is more than a red herring. The fact that his father wasn't tortured by the British, as he claimed, and that his uncle wasn't killed in Indonesia by the government (?) shows he was constructing a false premise about his life from the beginning. The guy is not a "nice" guy.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But where is the evidence for this, BillC? Without it it is only hearsay and rumour. I do mean evidence too, not one of the usual 'scandal rag' sources of dubious repute.

You understand that I could care less who you have sitting in the White House as long as he/she is not aiming nukes at me? But I am interested in world affairs and if this muck-racking about President Obama is true then I am also interested to know why nothing has been done about it.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would prefer to dislike President Obama for the poor choices he has made as President. I think the nonsense about where he was born is a distraction and a Red Herring.

I agree other than having lied about it for apparent fraudulent gain. I have seen copies of the purported Hawaian birth certificate. I have not seen copies of purported fraudulently submited applications for grants or scholarships claiming birth abroad. But what's the problem? He would only have been trying to get a little extra money for his education. Is that so bad? Oh, wait a minute, that's what the whole thread is about isn't it?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, if he lied about having been born in Kenya, when his mother is an American citizen, to get the benefit of scholarships or tuition assistance than it is more than a red herring. The fact that his father wasn't tortured by the British, as he claimed, and that his uncle wasn't killed in Indonesia by the government (?) shows he was constructing a false premise about his life from the beginning. The guy is not a "nice" guy.

A Red Herring is not something which is necessarily true or untrue. It is something used to lure the unwary to go off-course.

President Obama is a bad president. For many good and legitimate reasons having to do with the way he has acted AS president.

The whole 'birther' thing - as well the the spin-off 'biographical claims' thing, is a Red Herring. It distracts from substantive issues regarding his actions as president.

Furthermore, it's useful to the Obama supporters to have people ranting about the origin of President Obama and NOT focusing on the bad job he has done as president. Why? Because whether you want to hear this or not, when MOST Americans hear 'birther' conspiracy stuff, they roll their eyes and dismiss the speaker AS A LOONY. It does not matter one whit whether your claims are true or false, you're dismissed out of hand as a nutbar. That is a fact. Believe whatever you prefer; but espouse that junk at the peril of being ignored at best. You won't convince ANYONE to not vote for President Obama that way, which is why the Obama supporters are glad you're doing it.

Concentrate on what's important - his poor record as president - and you might convince some former Obama supporters to reconsider. Run around waving your hands in the air claiming he wasn't born in the USA or that he alternatively lied about it to get student aid money and you lose your audience. The only people who care are already not voting for Obama. The rest think you're insane. And those are the ones whose votes matter.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
His grandmother, who raised him, was a bank V.P.

Bank V.P.

Bank V.P.

No grants. No scholarships. Grandma's cash. and some loans.

Sheesh. Isn't it enough that he sucks?

Last edited:
OP
celtic_crippler

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with where he was born other than to point out that he clearly has no character or integrity. I merely used that as an example as most either believe one way or the other; therefore, regardless of which side of the fence you fall on, you must admit the man lacks ethics and would sell his mother's soul to further his Progressive agenda.

I was hoping that once that was established, the thread might move on to how his lack of character and integrity has impacted the country on everything from today's Supreme Court ruling to him picking and choosing which laws to enforce, etc, etc, etc...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with where he was born other than to point out that he clearly has no character or integrity. I merely used that as an example as most either believe one way or the other; therefore, regardless of which side of the fence you fall on, you must admit the man lacks ethics and would sell his mother's soul to further his Progressive agenda.

I was hoping that once that was established, the thread might move on to how his lack of character and integrity has impacted the country on everything from today's Supreme Court ruling to him picking and choosing which laws to enforce, etc, etc, etc...

Start with a real lack of character, then: he's never claimed to be Kenyan, or claimed anything other than being born in the U.S. He didn't receive any scholarships or grants from claiming to be Kenyan, because he's never claimed to be Kenyan. He's never claimed anything other than U.S. citizenship, and has been proven to not be lying about it, again, and again, and again, and again, and again.
:rolleyes:

On the other hand, he did "slip" once, and say My Muslim-erChristian faith.

And of course, he lies. He's a politician, and how do we tell when a politician is lying?

When their lips move. :lfao:

Latest Discussions