Effectiveness of Conceptor Vessel Strike Points

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you think that strike is impressive. . . I've seen practicioners of that art (sport?) cause opponents to fall screaming for their lives without ever even touching the opponent.

Also, it is very common for just the slightest touch by such artists cause an extreme discomfort in the receiving party (they actually are reduced to appearing like a toddler throwing a terrible twos tantrum), sometimes the recipient in the viscious attack even has to be carted out of the 'dojo'. It must be one of the most dangerous activities ever thought up by man.

I think it's a real testament to the victim, that he not only can walk again in less than 2 minutes, but actually run back onto the 'dojo'.

Hmmmm. Maybe I have the true artist and the victim reversed? :)

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
crushing said:
If you think that strike is impressive. . . I've seen practicioners of that art (sport?) cause opponents to fall screaming for their lives without ever even touching the opponent.

Also, it is very common for just the slightest touch by such artists cause an extreme discomfort in the receiving party (they actually are reduced to appearing like a toddler throwing a terrible twos tantrum), sometimes the recipient in the viscious attack even has to be carted out of the 'dojo'. It must be one of the most dangerous activities ever thought up by man.

I think it's a real testament to the victim, that he not only can walk again in less than 2 minutes, but actually run back onto the 'dojo'.

Hmmmm. Maybe I have the true artist and the victim reversed? :)

Heh. Yup, I seem to remember that too! Who says dim-mak doesn't work???

Anyway, that sure looked like one heck of a head butt. My guess is that he knocked the wind out of him...drained his "chi" real good.

BTW - one translation for chi is breath.

IMP

Green Belt
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
Heh. Yup, I seem to remember that too! Who says dim-mak doesn't work???

Anyway, that sure looked like one heck of a head butt. My guess is that he knocked the wind out of him...drained his "chi" real good.

BTW - one translation for chi is breath.

Hmm.... I thought that the only translation for chi was energy. Is there a reason that the word "chi" is sometimes written "ch'i"? I've seen it that way in books.

Ian

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
IMP said:
What's a conceptor vessel?

Ian

Hi Ian

A conceptor vessel is an energy meridian that runs from the perenium to to the bottom lip. This, according to chinese medicine, is like a major highway for your chi.

upnorthkyosa

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
IMP said:
Hmm.... I thought that the only translation for chi was energy. Is there a reason that the word "chi" is sometimes written "ch'i"? I've seen it that way in books.

Ian

Just like many words in the english language have many different meanings, many words in the chinese langauge are the same.

When you see "chi" written in different ways, this doesn't neccessarily mean it is reflecting those different meanings though. The difference is arbitrary.

IMP

Green Belt
Reaction score
Okay. What is the perenium then?

Ian

P.S. This forum was a great idea. If only Billy got on...

IMP

Green Belt
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
Just like many words in the english language have many different meanings, many words in the chinese langauge are the same.

When you see "chi" written in different ways, this doesn't neccessarily mean it is reflecting those different meanings though. The difference is arbitrary.

That makes sense. You need air to give you energy, which you breathe in.

If you lose your breath, you lose your energy.

Ian

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
IMP said:
What is the perenium then?

Yeah, maybe this would not be something to google if you are ten years old...:eek:

The perenium is a part of the body between the sex organs and the anus.

IMP

Green Belt
Reaction score
...............................................................................................
.......................... I won't ask.

Novitiate

White Belt
Reaction score
The link to the video is dead
can anyone find an alternative link?

when Zedane hit that italian player in the chest with a headbutt during the worldcup
that too was a conceptor vessel hit.

that would be another goodlink

Latest Discussions