Don't ax' me, bro!

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I doubt the robber is going to try to steal from that store anymore.

http://wcbstv.com/local/axe.clerk.friendly.2.411744.html

BROOKHAVEN, N.Y. (CBS) ― The surveillance video is stunning -- a tiny clerk defending her store from an armed robber by brandishing an axe.

She stands less than 5-feet tall and weighs only 90 pounds, but Hafize Sahin can wield an axe like Paul Bunyan.

"Here is a handgun, he's demanding money, and now she's pulling out the axe," said Det. Lt. Edward Kelly of the Suffolk County Police Department. "She's chasing him out of the store."

Sahin's coworker, Kevin Klein, was stunned by her reaction.

"She was just hysterical crying, but she beat the guy off," Klein said. "The guy ran out. He was about 6-feet-2!"

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ha!

Good for her! Haha, I thought this thread was going to be about an axe kick. This is good, too, though.

Haha --> too bad she didn't take a hunk out of that punk!

:ultracool

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Like Robert says, good for her. I reckon that if I was stuck on the other side of a counter and some chap was demanding money with menaces I'd be meek as a lamb ... a very angry looking, pissed-off lamb, but still pretty meek :lol:.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think this is one more instance that shows that folks in this country are getting pretty much fed up with the hoodlums and thugs. Time was that folks were ordered to "let them take what they want and then call the cops". That's still the soundest advice but it's getting to the point that taking the money and running doesn't seem to be enough for the criminal anymore and folks are finally fighting back.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll see your axe-wielding cashier and raise you a gas station attendant who's too busy to deal with you right now.
icon14.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...id=489253&in_page_id=1770&ICO=NEWS&ICL=TOPART

Latest Discussions