Dojo needed in Overland Park Kansas

Lauriesthree

White Belt
Reaction score
Seems like Tae Kwon Do schools are popping up like weeds in our area. Anyone have a lead on a solid instructional program for kids? Preferred instructor?Thanks

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am not in OP or I would have you come in and try my program. We are about 45-60 minutes away from you. If you want my recommendation, I suggest you contact Master David Johnson. He is located on 151st and is a student of GM Choon Lee. That would be what I would do if I were you.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are a lot of TKD schools in the area. Sorry, I don't have any info about them but I have wondered about that place on 151st that searcher mentioned. Here's their website. I think there are three or four on Sante Fe as well.

OP
L

Lauriesthree

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the lead. I talked with Master Johnson this morning and will go out and check out his dojo. It has been ten years since I studied with Master Ko, of Ko's Black Belt Academy. His sons are very good with the kids. I like their teaching plan of home rules and even their class structure. My main concern is the marketing plan they use. Contracts and sleepovers and birthday parties and now Tykes Tae kwon do. I understand this is a business, but I feel like I am at 24 hour fitness or somewhere. What happened to the ART part of martial arts instruction?

Latest Discussions