Headed to Fresno for a big belt test

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mrs. IcemanSK & I are headed to beautiful Fresno, CA (not just to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary, but) to our sister USCDKA school for a huge belt testing on Saturday. The should have about 45-50 students testing (including about 10 various BB ranks!) It's going to be quite a day!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats on the Anniversary Iceman and good luck with the belt testing day, sounds like it is going to be a great trip!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Excellent Iceman and congrats on your anniversary, remember pics are always nice.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iceman who is holding the test? Are you going to be on the panel as well?

Thanks

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
When I once made a list of wonderfully romantic places to take my wife for our anniversary, Fresno came in at # 1,342,845. Right between Baghdad at 1,342,844 and Detroit at 1,342,846.

LOL

Congrats on the anniversary and best of luck on the testing

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iceman who is holding the test? Are you going to be on the panel as well?

Thanks

Our sister school in Fresno is holding the test. The way they do their tests, their pre-test is basically the test. The test day is more like a celebration than an actual test. I'll be there for crowd control & to help out in other ways.

Ah mango, you really know your romatic spots don'tcha. Sadly, that's where our sister school is, so we make lots of romatic trips to Fresno.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like a blast! Forgive me for not getting this right off, but are there 45 students testing for 1st Dan, with 10 or so going for 2nd or higher, or 45 total students testing, 35 or so of whom are testing for kup ranks? I would think 45 students testing for 1st Dan would be quite a test indeed. I don't think my school has ever tested more than 4 at once, though we often have 40 or so (give or take a few) testing for kup ranks.

jim

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like a blast! Forgive me for not getting this right off, but are there 45 students testing for 1st Dan, with 10 or so going for 2nd or higher, or 45 total students testing, 35 or so of whom are testing for kup ranks? I would think 45 students testing for 1st Dan would be quite a test indeed. I don't think my school has ever tested more than 4 at once, though we often have 40 or so (give or take a few) testing for kup ranks.

jim

The school is very big. Even though it's a non-profit school, they have over 200 students. Tests have about 40 students testing at once. This test has those & about 10 testing for either 1st or 2nd Dan. It's the biggest group of BB's testing they've had at once. I think they have 25-30 activ e BB's in their school. Sadly, they are 210 miles away, so too far to borrow an assistant for me.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Those non-profit schools ;) We have about 150 students in our school as well, and it really does make for a great family atmosphere. Like I said, soundws like a blast! Will the BB's test along with the colored belts, with the colored belts sitting whole the BB's do their patterns and such? We have big tests as well, but the BB's always test separately, and all that's involved in "The Big Test" is actually a pretty closely guarded secret. I was just wondering if it's the same way outside our school.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those non-profit schools ;) We have about 150 students in our school as well, and it really does make for a great family atmosphere. Like I said, soundws like a blast! Will the BB's test along with the colored belts, with the colored belts sitting whole the BB's do their patterns and such? We have big tests as well, but the BB's always test separately, and all that's involved in "The Big Test" is actually a pretty closely guarded secret. I was just wondering if it's the same way outside our school.

They are tested separately in a sense. The pre-test & video that they send to our GM are done apart from the colored ranks. Also, part of their test is private apart from the colored belts. But the big test/celebration is all done together. It's done on a gymnastics floor (unlike class) & it really adds a degree of fun (cuz the floor bounces a bit). Sparring & throws are a blast on that floor!

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I didn't take any pictures. (Sorry) It was a great test, though. From 9th gup to 2nd Dan, all did very well.

I'm now excited (& nervous) as that school's master & a few BB's will be coming down to my school to sit on the testing board for my students!

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Brother,

Happy belated anniversary. I congratulate you man. The missus and I are celebrating #7 in May. I met her in 91. We got married in 2001. Bless ya my man.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brother,

Happy belated anniversary. I congratulate you man. The missus and I are celebrating #7 in May. I met her in 91. We got married in 2001. Bless ya my man.

Thank you, matt! I forgot to address the anniversary issue. We had a blast in beautiful Fresno, CA. We trained together in the morning on Saturday & spent a wonderful evening in front of the tv in the hotel at night:fanboy:

Congrats to you in May, matt! Many more to you as well, my friend.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I didn't take any pictures. (Sorry) It was a great test, though. From 9th gup to 2nd Dan, all did very well.

I'm now excited (& nervous) as that school's master & a few BB's will be coming down to my school to sit on the testing board for my students!

You will do fine just keep doing as you have been.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You will do fine just keep doing as you have been.

Thank you, sir:asian:. I'm actually looking forward to having another group of eyeballs on my students. Since they are my first students, I try to cram as much knowledge into 'em as I can from Day One. It just always that first time. I have confidence in them & it will be a great opportunity for them to see other BB's besides me.

Latest Discussions