Does TKD make you stiff so you Kungfu looks bad?

OP
Z

zijin_cheng

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I understand, cool is fun, and fun is part of it. My suggestion would be to find the kung-fu form you like the best, learn it, keeping mind how you might use it, then find someone else to teach you application - and play with application, then blend.

The WC guy destroyed you because he had the tactile sensitivity to "listen" to your movements and act more effectively-and knew how to use the angles decently.
Additionally, there are numerous tactile drills contained in the Neijia arts that go way above and beyond what is contained in WC - i.e. Taiji four planes push hands, bagua rou shou, etc..fun stuff

As to your additional question;

You are definitely not wrong; by comparison, the movement of those arts is very telegraphic. Surprise, speed, and power all count. Power is generated by proper biomechanics, use of momentum, centripetal / centrifugal force, torque, etc. WC makes very good use of the foregoing by comparison to TKD / Karate in general.

Repped. Exactly what I was trying to express, but couldn't articulate because of my inexperience in martial arts

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Try to pull your punch back as fast as you can, let the end of your previous move to "bounce" into the beginning of your next move. Your form will then be very smooth.

Latest Discussions