Dobok question

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Does anyone know if anyone makes a traditional wrap around dobok that is made from the ribbed material like some of the V-neck doboks?

I really like the snap that the ribbed material gives you, but we use the traditional wrap around doboks in our association.

Thanks!

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It isn't ribbed, but try out a Hirota Pinack if you want a lighter 'new material' gi that still has outstanding snap to it. I've always held up my nose at poly and poly blend uniforms until I tried one. It's amazing what they can do with fabric these days.

OP
SahBumNimRush

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am unfamiliar with Hirota, and a quick google search shows a Hirota Pinack gi going for around $240. Is that comparable to what you had found? That's quite a bit larger of an investment than I'm accustomed to considering I tend to wear them out every couple of years.. .

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep. The US dollar ain't what it used to be. Most of the new fabric modern gi seem to run around $200 or more, whether it's Shureido or Hirota or what not.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Does anyone know if anyone makes a traditional wrap around dobok that is made from the ribbed material like some of the V-neck doboks?

I believe Adidas did or does make that. Look in the Karate section of the catalog. But ribbed material is sort of fading out and is being replaced by all these new fabrics, so ribbed might not be around much longer.

golfermatt

White Belt
Reaction score
I believe Adidas did or does make that. Look in the Karate section of the catalog. But ribbed material is sort of fading out and is being replaced by all these new fabrics, so ribbed might not be around much longer.

Adidas does indeed make the wrap around in a couple different tech materials. I did not see them online, but I have seen them in Kwon's catalog as well.
Good Luck

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Try adidas, tiger claw and sang moo sa. I think they all have the uniforms that wrap and are ribbed.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Adidas does indeed make the wrap around in a couple different tech materials. I did not see them online

You can view Adidas's 2009 Taekwondo catalogue here. The Champion Open Dobok on p12 of that catalogue may be what you're after, but it doesn't state the material on there.

Good luck!

Latest Discussions