Master Black Belt
- May 2, 2020
- Reaction score
How many? Practically none, because the actual number is really small when you really think about it.Yum. Sounds like a good time on the horizon.
This is true on a lot of levels.
1. How many people actually have seen techniques like that usedin an actual fight
2. How many Sifu and instructors have seen techniques like that used in an actual fight
3. How many times have we seen these techniques used in an open competition (System A vs System B)
4. How many Sifus and instructors have actually used those techniques in an actual fight.
5. How many people have had those techniques used on them in an actual fight.
6. If a person hasn't seen it or hasn't used it then how does that person know it works. (For me there was a lot of trust, Probably the same with most students)
This is definitely an issue in terms of the perception of Kung Fu
If you stood all the people who claim to do some sort of kung fu,
next to all the people who actually do train,
and again next to people who actually train and also compete,
which of those three groups practically disappears?
I don't think that's a problem with kung fu at all. It's a people problem, most people don't really want to train that hard.