DF: taiji in fight

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
taiji in fight
By ggg214 - Wed, 02 Jul 2008 01:21:38 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

how it works or does it work in a fight? i think this is a popular question for taiji's combat usage.
first of all, i don't have any chance to use taiji in a real fight. i think if i fight with some one, i would like to use karate skills more, because it's direct and effective.but does that mean taiji is no use in a fight? if yes, why could the grandmaster such as Yang luchan win as the no beaten fighter?
in recent learning and thinking, i think taiji does not teach us the skills of fight directly, but it teachs us how to build your body more flexible, speed up body's reaction to other's attack, and so on. all in all, taiji trains us more suitable in a fight.
i have read a book written by Xing Yi grandmaster, it said that any movement he made in deffense or offense contains all Pao, Pi, Zuan&#65288;&#28846;&#25331;&#12289;&#21128;&#25331;&#12289;&#38075;&#25331;&#65289;....it shows that at high level, skills are not so important, but body building is the only way to make further progress.in chinese, this is called kung fu (&#21151;&#22827;). taiji is based on this training, bagua, xing yi is also the same.
therefore, if you want to obtain some direct fighting skills, taiji is not a good choose, but if you want to gain higher level in fighting, taiji is one of good choice.

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So your saying that if you practice Tai Chi it will increase your skills in other MA. Like lets say Tae Kwon Do. If you practice TKD your skills will increase if you also do Tai Chi?

taiji in fight
By ggg214 - Wed, 02 Jul 2008 01:21:38 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums
====================

how it works or does it work in a fight? i think this is a popular question for taiji's combat usage.
first of all, i don't have any chance to use taiji in a real fight. i think if i fight with some one, i would like to use karate skills more, because it's direct and effective.but does that mean taiji is no use in a fight? if yes, why could the grandmaster such as Yang luchan win as the no beaten fighter?
in recent learning and thinking, i think taiji does not teach us the skills of fight directly, but it teachs us how to build your body more flexible, speed up body's reaction to other's attack, and so on. all in all, taiji trains us more suitable in a fight.
i have read a book written by Xing Yi grandmaster, it said that any movement he made in deffense or offense contains all Pao, Pi, Zuan&#65288;&#28846;&#25331;&#12289;&#21128;&#25331;&#12289;&#38075;&#25331;&#65289;....it shows that at high level, skills are not so important, but body building is the only way to make further progress.in chinese, this is called kung fu (&#21151;&#22827;). taiji is based on this training, bagua, xing yi is also the same.
therefore, if you want to obtain some direct fighting skills, taiji is not a good choose, but if you want to gain higher level in fighting, taiji is one of good choice.

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

Latest Discussions