Desperate Housewives, what is it about?

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
I see ads for that show all the time and now I am curious to know, what the heck is that show about? What is the whole plot? What do the characters in the show do?

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw the first episode, and have not been able to see many after that, although I was pleasantly surprised by the first one.

It's set in a wealthy upper-middle-class/ upper-class neighborhood. The thing I like about the show so much is that it is narrated by one of the desperate housewives, who had a seemingly perfect life - and then she shot herself. (This is in the 1st episode, I'm not giving something away here.) The mystery is - why? And dark reasons are hinted at - I have a feeling the mystery will be solved/referred to more as the show goes on.

The other housewives may not be totally desperate, but they are not totally happy, either. Different ones are stuggling with different issues.

Overall, the narration and the dialogue are pretty sharp (from what I've seen), and it can be pretty humorous, too.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
THink of it as "Six FEET UNDER" with a PG 13 level of deliver and a 'lighter' darkness to the humor.

Pretty smart writing. Characters that are different and complex (and none too hard on the eyes :)).

TRAGICOMYSTERY.....

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's GOOOOOOOOOOOD!

My husband and I drink wine while watching it on Sundays. The little twists and turns are pretty incredible and very involving. The only thing that could be more bizarre is real life itself.

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Honestly my favourite show of the season, only one i regularly watch. It gets confusing if you miss anything, the plot is always twisting, a good laugh too! Could take hours to give you the plots, but the main background
-narrator committed suicide, a note appears giving a clue on why this may have happened, the other "perfect housewives" try to work together to figure it out while dealing with their own problems (affairs, odd boyfriends, crazy unrurly kids, addictions to kids medicine, divorce, etc.)
anyways, i suggest checking it out!
Aqua

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I could not believe last week when the rich lady thought the cops were coming for her!!! But the FBI doesn't come after statutory cases. I am totally on pins and needles about the boy and his dad.

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Shesulsa, me too. My wife and I also watch it together. How about Bree going medieval on her husband after he gets put in the hospital after the neighborhood secret prostitute/dominatrix he hires gives him a heart attack? That's not a joke folks, for those who don't watch the show.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I avoided watching it for all the wrong reasons. I figured it was a blatant attempt to suck in viewers by providing obtuse plot points with a lot of beautiful people. Maybe I was wrong, and should give it a try? Nah.

D.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lonecoyote said:
Shesulsa, me too. My wife and I also watch it together. How about Bree going medieval on her husband after he gets put in the hospital after the neighborhood secret prostitute/dominatrix he hires gives him a heart attack? That's not a joke folks, for those who don't watch the show.
Oh that was so good - and quite called for, if you ask me. I'm wondering if she did it for the obvious reasons, or if she's still trying to win him back by dominating him. Hmmm.... But perhaps this will be the big turn-around she needs. She needs to throw that little punk of hers in jail.

Latest Discussions