Desired gifts, undesired gifts, gifts you have no use for...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As usual, my sister-in-law sent me gifts so inappropriate as to be insulting. Most of what she sent was obviously bought at yard sales.

Jeff,

I now know what to do with some of my hard to get rid of items. Package them as gifts and give them to you for a holiday. ;) :D :lol:

In honesty, I have no idea as to what to say. :(

Best Wishes

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She has awful taste, doesn't know what we like anyway, and is cheap to boot. Worse yet, she lives so far out in the middle of nowhere that the nearest airport isn't in the next state over, it's in the next state after that! It's a perfect storm of bad gifts.

gkygrl

Green Belt
Reaction score
I got a lot of the things I asked for "or wished for" from my partner ... and vice versa.

We do a LOT of shopping on Amazon. I also subscribe to Prime Shipping on Amazon (approx. $75 per year) and get everything shipped 2nd day for free! You can also add 4 family members to share your Prime Membership and get the free second day shipping too. I digress ...

We create Amazon "Wish Lists". She shops off mine, I shop off hers. I got stuff like a computer repair tool kit (yes, I am geeky), various movies and CD's I had on my wishlist and some other stuff. I bought off her wish list as well and threw in some nice surprises.

An Amazon wish list and a Prime membership make for easy shopping. They even have a great grocery section (who knew).

I did all my shopping for family online -- didn't hit any stores except a local LL Bean store.

Latest Discussions