Denial of Service

Shuto

Purple Belt
Reaction score
link

link

Estonia recently pissed off the Russians when they moved a memorial honoring Russian WWII vets. Well, Estonia is now undergoing cyber attacks that they claim are originating from Russian govt computers, at least in part. Their evidence seems pretty lame to me since these attacks can be launched indirectly but I still find it suspicious and I consider the Russians more than capable of doing something like this. Certainly, this crude but effective tactic fits with 20th century Russian military tactics.

Hmm... I wonder what we would/could do to an enemies computers? I wonder what they could do to us?

The memorial's removal also triggered riots amongst mostly ethnic Russian living in Estonia, during which one person was killed and more than 150 injured.

The Estonian government says its state and commercial websites - including a number of banks - are being bombarded by mass requests for information - overwhelming their computer servers.

Estonia has one of the most developed internet networks in Europe and is a pioneer in the development of government websites, which correspondents say makes it highly vulnerable to cyber attacks.

Latest Discussions