David Lee Roth Suffers Martial Arts Injruy.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Singer David Lee Roth has canceled the rest of his tour because of a martial arts accident during a recent performance.

"It was an incident onstage where he was doing a kung fu maneuver and he got hit with a staff that he uses," spokesman Todd Brodginski said. "He was doing a very fast, complicated 15th-century samurai move."

P

pknox

Hmmm. I didn't know the samurai knew kung fu. You'd think they would have studied something more, eh, Japanese. ;)

We've all been there. I know the first time I ever tried using nunchakus I almost knocked myself out -- at least it didn't happen in front of some huge crowd like it did for poor 'ol Diamond Dave.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"Kung Fu" and "15th Century Samurai move"??? :confused:

That sounds like another prime example of the media embelishing an incident to make a celeb. look cooler then they are. Everyone in hollywood or in the music industry who is a martial artist is an "expert." :rolleyes: Not that everyone in hollywood isn't good at martial arts or something, but I'll never know how good they really are unless I practice with them; not with the media spin.

I actually do wonder what the heck he was trying to do, however. Did anyone get it on film?:popcorn:

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by pknox
Hmmm. I didn't know the samurai knew kung fu. You'd think they would have studied something more, eh, Japanese. ;)

We've all been there. I know the first time I ever tried using nunchakus I almost knocked myself out -- at least it didn't happen in front of some huge crowd like it did for poor 'ol Diamond Dave.

Oh yea...we've all totally been there. No offense to David Lee Roth; S**t happens. I just find it amazing how the media can't say that he was just screwing around with a staff, practicing MA, and he goofed and hit himself. They have to make it look like some death-defying act ("he was doing a very fast, complicated, 15th century Samurai move").:lool:

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by PAUL
I just find it amazing how the media can't say that he was just screwing around with a staff, practicing MA, and he goofed and hit himself. They have to make it look like some death-defying act ("he was doing a very fast, complicated, 15th century Samurai move").

I wonder if it's that or if it's pure ignorance.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can see it now...

David Lee Roth Spins a Mic Stand and knocks himself out...

David's PR Guy:

"Right Right... No, memba's of the press, it twas not a Mic stand, you ah misinfomed... David, practicing an Ancient Samurai Kung Fu Manuva colled the "Desparing Swollow" accidently yin'ed when e' shoulda yanged' and sustained an injury from 'is staff..."

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I discourage you from mocking the ancient art of Samurai Kung Fu, which has long been used in the Philippines to defend against the frequent Russian invasions.

P

pknox

Originally posted by arnisador
I discourage you from mocking the ancient art of Samurai Kung Fu, which has long been used in the Philippines to defend against the frequent Russian invasions.

Was that before or after the Brazilians invaded? ;)

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by pknox
Was that before or after the Brazilians invaded? ;)

No, because if you remember, the Brizilians invaded Spain first, thus starting the Crusades. Damn indiginous people and there dreams of manifest destiny!

:lol: You guys crack me up! :D

P

pknox

Originally posted by PAUL
No, because if you remember, the Brizilians invaded Spain first, thus starting the Crusades. Damn indiginous people and there dreams of manifest destiny!

:lol: You guys crack me up! :D

Actually I thought they started the Crusades not because of manifest destiny, but instead to learn Portuguese so they had western-sounding names for their grappling techniques. Evidently Nostradamus predicted this whole MMA thing quite a while ago. ;)

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
I thot the Crusades were home boys riding their low riders on saturday night!

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, the Crusades were a 1950s rock and roll band that did a benifit show for the shaolin temple and were honored with being taught secret techniques known only to the inner circle of priests and Marco Polo.:D

P

pknox

Originally posted by theletch1
No, the Crusades were a 1950s rock and roll band that did a benifit show for the shaolin temple and were honored with being taught secret techniques known only to the inner circle of priests and Marco Polo.:D

Shhh!!! Non-believers are listening!

;)

R

rmcrobertson

Hey...maybe somebody threw a brown M&M at Roth, and he panicked...

Latest Discussions