Dark Knight: City Of Scars (a fan film)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Watched this and found it to be most excellent.
The last part where the DK ponders the consequences of what has happened during the film could relate to this thread http://martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88155
But watch the film, especially full screen.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdpig1_city-of-scars_shortfilms#from=embed?start=1614

It's a nicely written and produced fan film. Fair warning: some of it is graphic which is why I labeled it as a Dark Knight film instead of a Batman film. To me I think there is a decided difference.

Enjoy.
also thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bat in the Sun make some of the best Batman films IMO. I had not seen that one, thanks!

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
That was pretty good. Heard about it from a bud yesterday but I was out and couldn't watch it. It's great that this thread reminded me this morning so I could watch between soccer games.

Direction, editing, cinematography and production design is top notch. They seem to be buying into Nolan's version of Gotham being Chicago but I can live with that. The Batsuit was great. The actor attempting those kicks was interesting.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That was pretty good. Heard about it from a bud yesterday but I was out and couldn't watch it. It's great that this thread reminded me this morning so I could watch between soccer games.

Direction, editing, cinematography and production design is top notch. They seem to be buying into Nolan's version of Gotham being Chicago but I can live with that. The Batsuit was great. The actor attempting those kicks was interesting.
Yeah I noticed a good play on the MA in this one.
The bat-logo was interestingly modern, dunno about the suit however, I liked the recent motion picture suit better as it seems more aligned with the armor he would expect to wear.

The story was very good and the musing at the end. His question of how long has he put off on pulling the trigger and deciding who lives and who dies among Gotham's scumbags.
I'm trying to watch "Patient J" but it's not loading very well... an hour long interview with the Joker. That sounds really interesting.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm trying to watch "Patient J" but it's not loading very well... an hour long interview with the Joker. That sounds really interesting.

Patient J is OK. A little slow compared to some of the other Batman Fan films out there.

If you havn't seen em, check out "Grayson" and "World's Finest"

Both are Fan Made Trailers, and both are very well done.

Latest Discussions