Dancing and Kenpo

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
HI Folks just a quick survey.

I teach several dance styles here in the UK, Jive, Rock 'n' Roll, a little Salsa, cajun & Zydeco.

I did this before I started Kenpo and have found that it does help my kenpo greatly. I try not to get the two mixed up as it could be hazardous for my partners :D .

Does anyone find that Kenpo has been helped by their dancing abilities or has kenpo helped you to achieve better rhythm when it comes to dancing.

Just curios let me have your thoughts.

"With dance you control a willing partner and move them into positions for further moves without pain, With Kenpo you control an unwilling partner into positions for further strikes with Pain"

K

Kenpomachine

WE had a few years ago a student that also did flamenco. For her the coordination was easier than for most of the other new students, and she already had the flexibility and a hang on timing.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love to dance and find when I spar I tend to use my rhythm and stay up on the balls of my feet just like in dancing.. I think the two work well together... now if I ever get to go dancing again and suddenly do a tec on the dance floor.. oh my :D

I really get spar/dancing when rhythmic music is on. :)

Latest Discussions