Creating A Seminar For the First Time

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and Salutations!

In the past I have asked many questions and got extremely wonderful advices and tips, so I thought I'll ask another one.
icon10.gif

I have attended seminars, but this is the first time I am helping out in starting a seminar. The seminar will be mainly FMA.

How do you guys decide on location (hotel, convention center, church, community center)?

Where do you get the liability insurance?

What level of first aid is required (CPR, First-Aid, etc)? Do we need to know more than bringing someone back from unconsciousness (from being KOed)? Should we rent a nurse?

Anything I should be aware of when selling merchandise (DVDs, weapons, books)?

Anything else you can add to help will be much appreciated.

Thank you, :asian:
Stephen

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How do you guys decide on location (hotel, convention center, church, community center)?

Estimate how many people will attend...Find a place large enough to accomidate all of them with out the sardine feeling

Hawke said:
Where do you get the liability insurance?

A liability release should be attached to the registration form.

Hawk said:
What level of first aid is required (CPR, First-Aid, etc)? Do we need to know more than bringing someone back from unconsciousness (from being KOed)? Should we rent a nurse?

CPR and basic first aid would be desirable along with a first aid kit...Is someone being KOed a distinct possibilty? Contact the local Red Cross and maybe they can assist...

Hawke said:
Anything I should be aware of when selling merchandise (DVDs, weapons, books)

As long as they aren't bootleg copies and you are granted permission from you Master, Grandmaster or organization..

Hawke said:
Anything else you can add to help will be much appreciated

A medium to large size bankroll wouldn't hurt...Best of luck..

Thank you, :asian:
Stephen

Latest Discussions