Could it be Osama?

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
"It could be" + 25c will get you a cup of coffee as the olde saying goes. I'll believe it when I see the monster cold and dead.

Funny how the Taliban is all angry about this attack, as if nobody is supposed to blow THEM up...

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My guess is, no. If they're really, really angry, more likely it's one of their own. ObL isn't, not really—there's a fair amount of doctrinal difference between the strictly orthodox Wahabbists on the one hand and the theologically somewhat idiosyncratic Taliban sect of Islam, even though they agree on strict fundamentalist interpretation of the Quran. As I understand it, Taliban fundamentalism is regarded in the wider Sunni world as kind of improvised, doctrinally 'new-born', as I've seen it described. I suspect that really severe anger and distress would be reserved for a member of their own inner circle. But who knows? If I were betting, I'd put more money on it being Omar than Osama.

I'd be happy with that one as well, of course...:EG:

Last edited:

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
"It could be" + 25c will get you a cup of coffee as the olde saying goes. I'll believe it when I see the monster cold and dead.

Funny how the Taliban is all angry about this attack, as if nobody is supposed to blow THEM up...

where you getting coffee for a quarter?

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah..Im not even crossing my fingers, its just that the media coverage seems to be flirting with the possibility without actually coming out and saying it.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah..Im not even crossing my fingers, its just that the media coverage seems to be flirting with the possibility without actually coming out and saying it.

I suspect we'll find out before long just who it was.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Probably not OBL if the reaction is coming from the Taliban. They're not on the best terms w/ al Qaeda anymore. More likely it would be one of their own leaders like Mullah Omar or something, or someone in the middle management.

Latest Discussions