Complementary EPAK system

TwistofFat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Folks,

I have been working in and at EPAK for over a decade (1st BB) but suffer from a lack of any formal group within 300 miles. I still work with many EPAK workout groups but am looking to join some local 'school' for physical activity, reliable schedule and availability (I travel a bunch). I have visited many programs of late and am trying to keep an open mind (a bit biased towards EPAK and had a great recent instructor).

Any opinions on complementary systems to EPAK you can recommend based upon experience with both? There are many TKD, and mixed karate programs in the area.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I just talked to these guys for you I looked them up on Yahoo (local) they seemed like they were just interested in getting you into the studio, however; they did say there are allot of schools around your area teaching an American Kenpo blend I don't know if that is true or not but I think it is worth checking out. I feel your particular frustration I was in Hawaii for four years without an instructor. I finally found out there was a guy that taught out of his back yard. I haven't been happier in my Kenpo journey since.

Allison American Karate Acad

(704) 982-1974 2715 Us Highway 52 N
Albemarle, NC Map 45.07 mi from Waxhaw, NC
Category: Martial Arts

Good luck in your Journey
V/R
Rick

Atlanta-Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have recently begain cross training in kali, jkd + wing chung and the blend very well. I do some bjj but that is to complet my ground skills

Latest Discussions