Competition

Muaythai^.^

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey well I was wondering if anyone knew how I long i should train before I start to take part in competitions? Also what is the best way to find one near me to take part in?

Slihn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey well I was wondering if anyone knew how I long i should train before I start to take part in competitions? Also what is the best way to find one near me to take part in?

If you have experience , then I would says 5 - 8 weeks (mostly for sparring , ring strageties, conditioning and timing drills)

With no experience I would say 6 months to learn Muay Thai (time depends on the indiviual) and then at least 5 - 8 weeks of fighters training.

The reason I would suggest 6 months for no experience , is to make sure your raw technique and footwork is correct. The "fighter's training" is more based on sparring , conditioning, and timing.

Akira

Green Belt
Reaction score
The best way to take part in a fight is to talk to the owner of your gym. If you want to be fighting in competition you should be training somewhere that can facilitate that. It also allows the trainers to evaluate you and realistically tell you how far away you are from being able to fight.

Latest Discussions