Competing with all those

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Colleges program now being offered at almost every single campus, do you try to compete or just let the chips fly as they may?
Terry

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see them as a feeder program to any successful martial arts training hall. Students will get a taste of the martial arts and then hopefully be interested enough to continue on and look for a training hall that meets their needs. Definately a plus for the students as well as local training halls.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
I see them as a feeder program to any successful martial arts training hall. Students will get a taste of the martial arts and then hopefully be interested enough to continue on and look for a training hall that meets their needs. Definately a plus for the students as well as local training halls.

Brian R. VanCise

Agreed. I have seen some schools affiliate with the college instructor and offer refereal incentives.

Robert Lee

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Used to be that some colleges would allow students to go to an aproved M/A school to get there credits for physical eductaion. A instructor could check have there school Added to a list if approved and pick up certion students. I would think they would have to show enrollment, And attendance sighn off by the instructor to get credits.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:

Brian R. VanCise

I have to agree with Brian & the pooch:) on this. Some folks will only want (for whatever reason) the part time "Y program" MA classes. (I teach in one & that's not a slam to those programs.) Others have time, money & inclination for a full time school. And a lot of times someone gets "a taste" of MA in a "Y" program & 3-5 years later has more time, energy, $$ or whatever to train at a full time school.

Latest Discussions