come on people

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
People we need to talk more on this site the tsd is one of the smallets art fourms come on people lets talk and keep tsd strong

Kodanjaclay

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok. here is a go at it:

Sipsamseh is the song of the thirteen influences. It contains the clues necesary in order to MAster MooDukKwan. Should Hwang Kee have given the information this way, or should he have been more straight forward?

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
TSD ? ?

is that like the man-made narcotic from the 60's?

:cool:

Sorry for the sarcasm .. just trying to increase my posting number by 1 - Mike

Seigi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey Adam,

What is it that you enjoy about TSD the most?

Just Curious?

Seigi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I enjoy Sparring, All the great friends i've made along the way, sparring, the discpline it has given me, sparring & oh yah Sparring.

S

Shinzu

i enjoy the form and self defence techniques.

it has made me into a better person all around

T

The Sapphire Ping Dragon

I wish I could come onto Martial Talk and post more but my computer is really old and I can't get onto the internet anymore. :wah: The only time I get to come on is when I'm at "The Opal Dragon's" palace. ;)

Brittany :asian:

D

dosandojang

I Agree!!!!! Tang Soo Do Is Hardly Practiced, Let Alone Talked About!!!!!

S

Shinzu

true. actually before i moved to pa, i did not know about TSD at all. i was into shotokan which is extremely similair.

funny how things worked out there. :asian:

D

dosandojang

TSD comes from ShotoKan, which comes from Shorin Ryu, which comes from Shaolin Kung Fu...

S

Shinzu

true that TSD & Shotokan are very similair, but i am not quite sure that one style comes from the other.

perhaps they are the same style, broken up into two different styles and then modified to each specific region.

glad2bhere

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
".......true that TSD & Shotokan are very similair, but i am not quite sure that one style comes from the other.

perhaps they are the same style, broken up into two different styles and then modified to each specific region....."

Much closer to the truth.

Certainly people studied Shotokan and Shotokai and Shudokan while in Japan, but there is also the influence of Tam Tui, Taek Kyon, Tae Kuk (Tai Chi) and the variety of Chinese arts in Korea that also contributed. Once again, I don't know that Korean martial arts are always well-served by consistently emphasizing only the Japanese influences. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

S

Shinzu

whether or not it is japanese or korean... it is all developed somewhere by someone. we should just be thankful for those things

M

Moo D

Well Said, the influences in TSD have been debated for a long while, but Shinzu hit the nail on the head. It only matters what it can do for you, and if that is making you a better person then heritage only goes a certain distance.

Regards,